The theatre has several spaces for hire to suit your requirements.
The Main House is a beautiful intimate theatre that was converted from the old Wadham Street Baptist Church.
It is a 207 fixed seat style with the stage at ground level. The round cyc is white with black curtains and red stage tabs with a black stage floor. The Main House can be hired as a stand alone rehearsal space or as a performance venue. There is access backstage through the stage door and loading doors straight onto the stage.
Hire of the theatre for a performance also includes use of our two backstage dressing rooms, small green room, backstage toilets, two Juliette balconies and access to our technical box, as well as our in-house technician.There is also a projection screen on the curtain line which is useful for seminars and meetings.
The seating is raked and each has a great view of the stage. The main house seating is accessed from the front of house by the foyer staircase or through our ground level access. It is a 207 fixed seat raked style with disabled access spaces at the front of the auditorium.
Situated on the ground floor of our foyer and fully accessible to all patrons, the Theatre Bar is the perfect place to unwind with a drink before a show and offers a welcoming and comfortable meeting place. It can accommodate a maximum of 50 people and can be used for meetings, parties, training, talks and exhibitions and has the added benefit of access to a small private courtyard. It is an intimate space that offers a relaxed performing space or for an intimate evening.
The bar operates as a bottle bar with a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks available at competitive prices. We do our best to try and serve locally produced beverages at the bar including Butcombe Gold & Thatchers Gold alcoholic drinks. We also sell a limited selection of hot beverages, a small selection of sweets and crisps as well as the locally produced Chew Moos Ice creams for you to purchase and enjoy.
Our fully licenced bar is open for all public performances, therefore it is not possible to hire separately during a performance.
Our existing Upper Studio space is to be transformed into a third performance space with stage, meeting or training rooms or extra dressing rooms. Work on this space will start soon so please contact us for more information.
The theatre Box Office is open from Tuesday – Saturday from 10am – 2pm and all performances and events must use the theatre box office for their shows. All of the theatre tickets are available to purchase online.
Coming in 2017 – you will be able to hire our theatre box office service for other venues, if you have an event that you would like a box office service for, we would be happy to help you. More information on this service to follow.
How to hire our spaces?
- We’ve made the Hire Costs and Inclusions 2017-2018 list available here, but we are also happy to adapt and create custom packages to suit your needs. Please note that our prices change on the 1st April each year and the price for your booking is set for the date of the event and not when the booking was made.
- Please check our availability calendar for dates available for booking or contact the theatre.
- You are then able to download our Hirers Agreement Form 2017, with all of the Terms and Conditions of Hire included, complete and return to the theatre with your deposit payment.
- Once we receive this, we will send you confirmation of your booking.
- An invoice for the balance payment will be sent to you 6 weeks before your event by the Weston-super-Mare Town Council Finance Department. Any Ticket sales money will be requested from the Weston-super-Mare Town Council Finance Department the next working day after your event and they will send you any outstanding payment within 30 days of the end of your event.
We do our upmost to ensure that all of our hirers have a fantastic experience at The Blakehay Theatre and so please feel free to contact us if you have any queries on our booking process.
Please visit our Hirers Information page for all our Health & Safety, PRS and Technical Information.