20 Wadham St
Weston-super-Mare BS23 1JZ
Do you care about reducing your plastic waste?
OK, so before we start, suspend your expectation of a colossal nag coming your way!
This is an invitation, we are hosting an event and it’s going to be different. For a start, it will be enjoyable. As well as educational and practically useful rather than depressing, dry, guilt-ridden talks and photos of turtles in beer rings!
Blakehay Theatre on Thursday, 28th June
The evening starts at 7.00pm with networking a free drink on entry and live music in the bar area. Speakers will take the stage promptly at 7.30pm:
* Michelle Cassar City to Sea – will speak about how since 2008 she came to live and inspire business to use less plastic. With real-life examples of the huge impact businesses have to prevent ocean plastics and how you can be part of the wave of change.
* Debbie Apted Chamber of Commerce – will tell us about Surfers Against Sewage Plastic-free Coastlines certificate.
* Kim Evans from Regency Purchasing Group – will talk about how collaboration can bring about affordable change.
* Becky Walsh Author and Media Presenter – will talk about how to use story to get media attention for marketing.
* Caroline Darlington Tourism Manager – will give an address on how being a partner of ‘Love Weston’ will help bring more tourists to the town.
Many businesses in Weston are already getting involved with the Plastic-free Coastlines award efforts. We want to show local businesses that they are not alone if they want to switch their buying choices. We will prove that people are growing ever more conscious of the impact of plastic on the planet and that tourists will vote with their money and their feet if Weston doesn’t have greener alternatives, fewer overflowing bins, and cleaner beaches.
Change doesn’t need to be expensive or difficult and this evening we’ll share how Weston can be a leading ambassador to other typical British Seaside Towns for a clean town and beach.
Please sign up for your FREE ticket!: https://westonlessplasticsolutions.eventbrite.com
Tickets are limited and we’d love you to be there to hear solutions to our plastic problem.